Hоw Great іѕ the Strength оf Your Belief ?May 20, 2020
What Is Affiliate Marketing?May 27, 2020
How to succeed at affiliate marketing – On the surface, affiliate marketing looks like a very simple concept.
It is if you follow the steps and learn from someone who is already successful with affiliate marketing.
You find a product for sale and you recommend it to others who might buy it. Depending on the price of the products for example high ticket will probably be less in demand because of the price but still highly desirable.
In return, you get a percentage of the sale as a commission because you’re associated with it. It’s so simple.
Just like how it is with insurance agents, door to door salesmen and real estate brokers. Affiliate marketing is all about sales and commissions.
However here’s something you should know – simple and easy are two different things.
- When you’re selling online, in most cases, you’re not face to face with the prospect. The human element has been removed from the equation. Visitors to your site can leave with a click of the mouse.
- Someone who doesn’t like your email can delete it and unsubscribe in seconds. Selling online while highly profitable, is a slightly different ballgame.
- For starters, people come online looking for information or to be entertained. In other words, they’re looking for ‘infotainment’… and even if you’re in a niche like gardening, golf or woodworking, the same rule applies.
- With affiliate marketing your content not only needs to help the reader, but it must hold their attention… and guess what? Social media sites, instant notifications and a short attention span are all waiting to rob you of that sale. So you have little time to build trust so make it count.
- Door to door salesmen never had it this tough. There is much more rejection online. The only difference is that it’s not so obvious, however, don’t be put off by this.
- So, always make your content relevant, entertaining and useful. The goal is to get the reader to trust you. Use whatever it takes from info-graphics to videos to pictures of the product, etc. to remove all mental obstacles from the buyers’ minds and show how useful the product can be for solving their problems… and be subtle about it.
- It could be termed as selling without selling.
* Affiliate Marketing Traffic
- The next thing you should know is that unlike real-life sales where the prospect comes to your store or you can go knocking on doors prospecting, when it comes to online affiliate marketing, things are a little different.
- Building a website alone doesn’t automatically mean that you’ll get floods of traffic. You may not get any for years. To sell online, you need to go and GET traffic. It’s all about ‘getting’ and not sitting around waiting.
- To succeed at affiliate marketing you’ll need to drive traffic on your own by using free or paid methods. So, you must learn a few traffic generation techniques and take action.
- When running an online business, you must track your results. Does your site have visitors? Do your products convert? Where is most of your traffic coming from?
- Are your emails being opened? Which pages on your affiliate marketing site see the most traffic? Which ads are performing well and which need to be shut down?
- As you can, there are many variables involved and by tracking your results, you’ll know where to multiply your efforts and scale up… and where your efforts are yielding no fruit.
- You’ll also know where you’re not performing as well as you should and be able to remedy the problem. You’ll never know this if you don’t track.
- So, remember the 3 T’s of Affiliate Marketing. Trust, traffic and tracking. If you follow these T’s to a T, you’ll succeed at affiliate marketing in record time.